Monday, November 03, 2008

Dammit! Whats the name of this movie?

That I have stuck in my head, and am trying to tell some other folks that they need to go watch, but I can't remember the name of?

Post-Crouching Tiger, stylistically beautiful movie set in the beginnings of the Chinese empire-building phase, where they tell the same story several times from different points-of-view, using colour to differentiate between the different storylines. And it had that gorgeous scene with the falling leaves, and ends with the shot of a man's outline picked out on a wooden door in arrows.

I tried scrounging around in imdb, but when you type something like the above into a search engine, it just crawls off in a corner and sulks. Statistically, you guys are better at reading my mind. (I also thought there was a post on ForBattle about it, and I've just spent a fairly amusing half-hour digging through the archives - an experience I heartily recommend to all and sundry - but couldn't find it.)

No comments: