Monday, January 05, 2009

A programme, my kingdom for a programme

You'd think, when organising a street party in Sydney's CBD, with "over 600 acts" that a timetable would be produced and freely available so that attendees could work out how to see the various acts of interest. You'd think.

I can't find it.

All I can find is the line up, which is sometimes sorted by precinct. And the "e-card"

So, as best I can work out, the Cat Empire is probably on this Saturday at 7pm (ish) in The Domain, followed by Grace Jones, assuming the order on the website is the order of play and not alphabetical.
Using the same logic, the only other band that I want to see "Mikelangelo & the Black Sea Gentlemen" are also on at 7pm (ish) in Hyde Park.

This is why I want a programme, so I don't wander aimlessly, missing the artists I want to see. Is that too much to ask? Really?

At least we'll have Adam Hills to keep us company while waiting. Who wants to help me elbow my way to the front of the crowd? I expect we'll be there from 6pm in order to do so, or is that too late to secure a good position?

No comments: