Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Mouse and I went to IKEA

We were looking for some storage solutions and perhaps some baby stuff as we needed to make space for the upcomming little tacker and buy a bed or box or something to keep him in.

Now, we weren't actually planning on picking up anything on the first trip, it was more of a recon mission. So, being that we were just looking, we looked at everything.

Before I continue, I just want to point out something about IKEA. It's totally full of pregnant people! Like, I'm sure I notice pregnant passers by more now since Mouse is up the duff, but this was rediculous. I'd never been to IKEA before we were expecting and I think it's because they have a force field that keeps out any group that doesn't involve a fetus!

Anyway, we were perusing the kitchen stuff when I saw this stainless steel colander. Now, I have a confession to make. I have this iresistable urge when out in public to put stupid stuff on my head, especially in shopping centres. Wastepaper baskets, pots, lampshades, cardboard boxes, those green shopping bags; anything that fits, really.

So, I saw this colander and the first thing I did was put it on my head. It was, like, such a great fit that I just had to buy it. It was also cool because you could see through the holes like archery mesh. And I also got a laugh from a couple of my fellow IKEA shopers that did seem more like outright amusement that nervousness.


I also think it was rather fetching, making me look extra sexy and a little like one of these:


A day or so later mouse came home from work with a plastic bag that some computer parts for her work arrived in. On it was this logo:


I wonder if she was trying to tell me something about the possible ramifications of putting stupid stuff on my head?

No comments: