Friday, November 11, 2005

Look Ma! No Meaning!

The Kansas School Board folk have passed a thingo mandating ID or somesuch be taught in their schools. The bit I liked best was this:


In addition, the board rewrote the definition of science, so that it is no longer limited to the search for natural explanations of phenomena.
Cool. I really liked Kieran Healy's response at Crooked Timber:

Unfortunately they didn’t adopt my suggestion that science be further redefined to include sitting at home drinking a beer and watching the game on TV. This would have greatly enhanced my weekend contributions to science.
Heh. And never was a Heh more appropriate. I dropped science after year ten or whatever which I regret now in my (self) righteous woo bustin' phase so I see an opportunity. From now on I choose to define science as "sitting in front of the computer, eating tuna from the can for tea."

I'm scientastic!

No comments: