Thursday, February 23, 2006

I don't like sport because...

There is a reason I don't watch a lot of sport. Yes, other than the fact that it's all a bit silly or too violent or just plain boring, it's because the commentators annoy me.

This is always especially true of the Olympics. In one night of viewing the winter olympics It has all come to a head.
If I had to hear the useless figure skating commentator (not the girl, but the other one) use the phrase 'throw down the challenge' one more time... It really was used for 5 competitors in a row.

Then innocently watching the bobsledding (I was feeding Torbenspang at the time and it was better than anything else) and got treated to a delightful bunch of mixed metaphors, my favourite of which was 'You can't give those Germans an inch or they'll chew you up and spit you out"

All I can say is Grrrrrr!

Mind you nothing will beat the swimmimg commentary of 2000 with the delightful utterance "...and Misty Hymen breaks through"
Tee-hee

No comments: