Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Some Gods are Cooler than Others


Hola.
Ohh my first blog post ever so Hi everybody.
I bought a book in LA for the flight home the other day and its proving to be interesting.
Its called "How We Believe - Science, Skepticism and the Search for God" by Michael Shermer. Its basically about the mind and why and how humans believe in a "higher power" and what they get out of it. I have only just started it so i can't say much more. I guess i should have waited until i know more but this blog does say "half arsed" so i trying to keep in theme.
This is a cool quote

"Sometimes I think we're alone
Sometimes I think we're not
In either case, the thought is quite staggering"

Michael Shermer is a pretty cool guy, he founded the "Skeptics" mag and is directer of the society.
I was looking for his book "Why People Believe Wierd Things" but it was not to be.

Speaking about gods, this is me in Teotihuacan "City of the Gods". On top of the Temple of the Moon, looking towards the Temple of the Sun.

No comments: