Thursday, June 09, 2005

Women in the media

Inspired by this fabulous post by the gorgeous Mon (go read it) I've been getting crankier and crankier about the portrayal of the female body in the media. I've been a little sheltered because I don't watch tv or read magazines... but it's very hard to ignore these chickies as they are plastered all over public transport.

Let me show you this, gacked from the SMH a couple of months ago. Apparently the scrawny little Nikki Webster just isn't thin enough for a men's magazine.. and those moles and freckles are sooooooo HORRIBLE.



Me I've got hips and an arse I can shake and a body worth cuddling. (Not to mention actually being worth talking to!) I've never had problems picking up. So these fake women and the MEN who create them can kiss my wobbly bits.

No comments: