Monday, September 12, 2005

People have no taste; 80's people doubly so (including Ob)

Fyodor boinged me, so it would be rude not to reply, but I did warn you this might be a bit dull. I've pared the top 100 from 1988 down to the list of songs that I recognise at all, and marked them for my tastes at the time, not my tastes now. I did glam rock then.

5. Sweet Child O' Mine, Guns N' Roses
7. Heaven Is A Place On Earth, Belinda Carlisle - the moreso because it was catchy and got stuck in your head.
17. Is This Love, Whitesnake
18. Wild, Wild West, Escape Club
19. Pour Some Sugar On Me, Def Leppard
23. Simply Irresistible, Robert Palmer
30. Love Bites, Def Leppard
34. Angel, Aerosmith - actually I liked a couple of their other songs better, but I've got to find a couple of things to bold.
35. Hazy Shade Of Winter, Bangles
37. Don't Worry, Be Happy, Bobby McFerrin
41. Bad Medicine, Bon Jovi
42. Kokomo, Beach Boys
46. Devil Inside, INXS
56. Desire, U2
65. New Sensation, INXS
76. Fast Car, Tracy Chapman
77. Electric Blue, Icehouse
95. Never Tear Us Apart, INXS

Natalie Cole, Van Halen, Joan Jett and The Blackhearts also had songs on the list, and songs I liked, but I didn't recognise the songs on the list.

And lest anyone blame me for not taking enough interest in the music of my times, heres a quick list of the artists whos songs I didn't recognise:

Tiffany, Billy Ocean, Samantha Fox, Phil Collins, Richard Marx, UB40, Patric Swayz, Rick Astley, Chicago, Kylie Minogue, Taylor Dayne, Debbie Gibson, Belinda Carlisle, Michael Jackson, Huey Lewis and the News, Cheap Trick, Elton John, Foreigner, Whitney Houston, Sting, Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine, George Michael, John Cougar Mellancamp, Cher, Steve Windwood, David Lee Roth, Poison, White Lion.

Gloria Estefan twice, Michael Jackson twice, Debbie Gibson three times, and George Michael five times, including number one. Do you blame me?

No comments: