Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Burgers anyone?

A bar in Pennsylvania has just introduced the world's biggest burger. This puppy weighs in at 8.8kg. That is 2/3 of the weight of my 2yr old. Why on earth would anyone want to eat that much? The bar owner proudly states that it can feed a family of ten.

Lets have a little run down of whatcha get with one of these babies:
4.8 kilograms of mince beef, 25 slices of cheese, a head of lettuce, three tomatoes, two onions, 1 cups each of mayonnaise, relish, tomato sauce, mustard and banana peppers - and a bun. see the whole story at
http://www.smh.com.au/news/World/Truly-gross/2005/05/04/1115092538933.html
(apologies to Zoe, I printed and deleted linky love and left it at home)

Is this bar owner trying to make us all turn into human boa constrictors. Should I be practicing unhinging my jaw for this new world order? The sleeping the meal off for a few months I can do. Easily.

In fact I could start right now I'm so tired. Which is ridiculous, I went to bed at 7.40pm last night. Feberising doesn't work, I've discovered. I take the toddler out of bed so he stops screaming, before the neighbours call the police. Then, one very tired toddler and I go to bed. Lights out and one toddler asleep. Lights back on so Mummy can read for an hour or so before she is lulled to sleep by the gentle sound of toddler snoring. Even thinking about it is making me sleepy. Goodnight.

No comments: