Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Our Mate Guiness

Our (Coazalcoatl and I, though many of the rest of you have met him) little weaselly friend Guiness died this morning. This came as no real surprise to anyone - hes been working on growing a second and third head for quite some time, and recently started on an entirely redundant set of internal organs. But we're still going to miss him a lot. This photo has been sitting next to the computer for about 6 months now, and every single time I sit down to keyboard it makes me laugh:



Guiness (aka Boofhead, aka Weaselboots) was so named because he was dark with a bit of creamy running through it, and thick as... well... Guiness. He was friendly and bouncy and always came running to see who it was when someone came into the back of the house. Then he'd follow you around everywhere just in case you did anything interesting. He came when you whistled. He'd play the ferret-bowling game over and over and over until I'd be forced to stop because I was laughing so hard. He was my bud. But he had a good run, and he was still trying to stay bouncy right through to the end; this is just a sort of goodbye.

I had a Guiness this evening in his memory.

No comments: